Which technology to choose for your Mobile Application Development: Hybrid or Native19 July , 2017
What are your alternatives if you need to develop a software? There are only Two- Native or Hybrid. And if you’re a non-technical individual like me, then its next to impossible to allude between a native app and a hybrid app. For us, user experience is the prime focus; smoother the app, better are the chances of it being utilized by the end user.
It’s been cited in a survey that a consumer makes two or three tries to use an app, and upon failing to receive the performance they are expecting they uninstall it immediately. So, the margin of mistakes for an app to be successful may be very small. There are specific capabilities that exist on native app development systems like iOS and Android and there is more usability in hybrid systems like React Native and IONIC.
On which platform do you want your mobile application to be constructed, Hybrid or Native? Answering this question is not as easy as it seems. This consists of a business idea, the viability, demographics, geographic, financial feasibility and the most important of all is what users want to have in the application in terms of features? You must consult with experienced agencies who can develop your application which is feature rich and user-friendly at the same time.
TriState Technology is an agency which is into Mobile App Development business, and has been providing consulting services to its customer to make the right decision which influences the success of an application. In this blog, we have compiled the Q&A to acknowledge the pros and cons of using Hybrid or Native app platforms.
What is Native Application?
It is an application that is developed for a particular mobile device or application development platform. Native applications are written for particular device operating system to make use of all the features and coding that the native platform offers.
Mostly, native Android mobile apps are written in either JAVA or Kotlin using native Android SDK. To write a code for a native application we use Android Studio necessary SDK’s. All iOS applications are written in Objective C/Swift using native iOS SDK and Xcode for development.
Native App development is a prime choice for the developers as it easy for them to utilize most of the platform features.
- Developer can write code using native SDK
- Greater User Experience – developer can utilize the full potential of the platform and deliver greater user experience.
- Greater Security
- Can use native features like Sensors, Camera & Push Notifications
- For each native platform, developer has to write code from scratch
- Takes time to develop an application
- Developing an application on Native platform cost will be higher compared to hybrid app
- Specific knowledge of a particular platform is required.
What is Hybrid Application?
A hybrid application is gaining a steep rise in its demand, as it is easy to integrate with device and web view. When you are on tight budget or constrain and want to release the application quickly or have less hardware interaction, in such cases, we recommend Hybrid apps.
- It can be deployed across all the major platforms easily.
- Developer can write a single code base and compile it across multiple platforms.
- If you want speedy development or want to release your app idea sooner, Hybrid is the best option
- Easy to write code, and easy to integrate with backend.
- Performance is the major constraint as it renders the application in web view which slows down the performance
- It has very limited access to hardware libraries like Sensors, Camera, etc.
- Its hard to develop components like native apps sometimes as the cost goes very high
- UX of the Android and iOS app are identical, which is not appreciated by the end users. It is very difficult to build an application utilizing maximum benefits of the native features, which is not cost effective at times.
Choosing whether to develop an application on Hybrid or Native platform is difficult, As the pros and cons vary from platform to platform. One may have to consult an experienced mobile app development company to provide the proper knowledge through choosing the right platform for developing the mobile application.
Contact our consultant to help you choose the right platform for your mobile application development requirement, or speak with our consultant on [email protected]
Why Laravel is the Best PHP Framework for Enterprise Web Development?September 18, 2017
Are you looking to BUILD DYNAMIC, SCALABLE & REAL-TIME Apps? – HIRE NODE.JS DEVELOPERSSeptember 6, 2017
Why AngularJS is the best front-end technology for Creative Web App Development?September 1, 2017